The Union sees the role of the Shop Steward as the foundation. They provide the vital two-way communication link between the Union and our members.
Shop Stewards formally meet at the UFU office 3 times a year and as required. In 2013 our Enterprise Bargaining Log of Claims was developed over 3 meetings.
Shop Stewards also can carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety representatives in the station/workplace. HSR training is provided by SA Unions and is available to all Shop Stewards with leave provided by the SAMFS in accordance with our Enterprise Agreement.
Your Shop Steward:
• Is elected by union members at your station or worksite.
• See you are informed about all union matters and ensure that all union notices are brought to your notice.
• Is there to represent you on matters affecting you.
• Perform its most important function in representing the day-to-day problems of their fellow members.
• Investigates / represents you and helps solves problems in the workplace
• Your Shop Steward is a vital link between you the member and the Union.
HQ ‘A’ SHIFT
HQ ‘B’ SHIFT
HQ ‘C’ SHIFT
HQ ‘D’ SHIFT
Community Safety Education
Fire Cause Investigation
Dene Thorn/ Kevin Heard