The Union sees the role of the Shop Steward as the foundation. They provide the vital two-way communication link between the Union and our members.
Shop Stewards formally meet at the UFU office 3 times a year and also as required. They can carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety representatives in the station/workplace. HSR training is provided by SA Unions and is available to all Shop Stewards with leave provided by the SAMFS in accordance with our Enterprise Agreement.
Your Shop Steward:
- Is elected by union members at your station or worksite.
- See you are informed about all union matters and ensure that all union notices are brought to your notice.
- Is there to represent you on matters affecting you.
- Perform its most important function in representing the day-to-day problems of their fellow members.
- Investigates / represents you and helps solves problems in the workplace
- Your Shop Steward is a vital link between you the member and the Union.
Sampson Mavrogiannis and Ben Whitlock (A Shift)
Grant Chatterton (B Shift)
Matt Osborn (C shift)
Relievers x 2
Fire Investigation Section
Angle Park Training Centre