The UFUSA Resourcing Campaign Stage One bans, limitations and actions commenced on Sunday 8 November 2020, with members donning your UFUSA T-shirts, suspending the daily work routine and going out into the public domain conducting drills to educate our community about what firefighters do and why we need the tools to do it professionally and
safely. Congratulations everyone for your strong participation
which clearly demonstrates your concern about the resourcing of appliances, equipment, support and training in the MFS.
Your feedback in the UFUSA survey on the resourcing campaign which went out last Friday 6 November has been most encouraging with 98% of
all participants supporting the campaign to date. If you didn’t get the email, please call our office on 835272112 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
so we can check your contact details and send a link to the very short survey. This survey information helps to inform your State Council and Shop Stewards in developing the campaign.
RESOURCING CAMPAIGN STAGE TWO
Monday, 16 November 2020
FROM 08:00 hours.
NO ACT UPS
Operational on-shift act ups are banned.
The Resourcing Campaign Stage Two ban is in addition to those actions contained within CAMPAIGN STAGE ONE.
The Stage Two ban of all operational act-ups in the Resourcing Campaign is also a protest and an expression of our union’s solidarity with members negatively affected by the employer’s premature dissolution of the SO cab rank and by the threat to SFQ Level 2s loss of rank.
A reminder that STAGE THREE will include Work To Rule – Adherence to shift times.
STAGE ONE OF RESOURCING CAMPAIGN ACTIONS, BANS AND LIMITATIONS
SUSPENSION OF DAILY WORK ROUTINE
ACTIVE PUBLIC CAMPAIGNING
Organise and participate in public drilling at key locations, as determined by stations.
Engagement: engage with the public.
Demonstration: demonstrate the skills you have as a firefighter.
Education: educate the public regarding the state of the fleet and resourcing within the MFS;
handouts with key points provided. (Link below)
FIRE ALARM REPORTING
Do not submit Automatic fire alarm details into AIIRS
- Operational members: first day shift will wear the UFU t-shirt for the full shift, in and off station.
- “T Shirt Tuesday” for day workers who can wear the union T-shirt all day.
- Members employed in Retained Stations are encouraged to wear the union T-shirt on training nights.
- Please note: Shirts are NOT required over top of T-shirts.
DUTY CAMPAIGN STATE COUNCIL CONTACTS
State Councillors have kindly agreed to be “duty officers” to assist members with any queries about the actions and details of what is intended eg Suspension of the daily work routine can encompass off- station PE if members at that station or work area so determine.
Contact details if you have queries or wish to discuss the actions, are as follows:
|Michael Riggs||0400 211 325|
|Matt Watherston||0414 600 045|
|Gideon Douglas||0438 332 781|
|Brad Robertson||0433 469 565|
|Greg Chivers||0418 824 706|
|Tim Maitland||0457 749 159|
NOTES ON RESOURCING CAMPAIGN BANS, LIMITATIONS AND ACTIONS
As always, recruit squads are exempt from industrial action and this includes both fulltime and retained recruits.
- All scheduled training is exempt from industrial action.
- While seeking to limit it, we know there is likely to be some pain in these actions at some time for some members; our Solidarity means we will try to assist and stand by one another wherever this occurs.
- We are committed to remaining united, resolved, calm and courteous, whatever challenges we may confront.
- Please remember that Campaign handouts are available to print from here. Campaign placards will be out soon; campaign stickers are now available.
- If you do not yet have your one free UFUSA T-shirt, please call us or email to email@example.com your names and the sizes required at your Station (same garment so same size as your MFS issue) and we will try to get them out to you as soon as possible.
- Social media is being embraced by our union for the first time in such a campaign and if you wish, it would be great if you can follow us on Facebook here and encourage your family and friends to do so too.
- Thank you to all of you who have forwarded photographs and videos illustrating the resourcing concerns; please keep them coming.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Union’s AGM will be held on Thursday, 26 November 2020 at 09:30 hours at the UFUSA office 148 South Road Torrensville.
The update on the Resourcing Campaign is sure to be a hot item on the agenda so your attendance will be greatly appreciated.
A delicious Christmas lunch will be provided at the conclusion of the meeting.
We look forward to seeing you there!