SAFETY AND RESOURCING CAMPAIGN
Safety And Resourcing Campaign
South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service (SAMFS) firefighters place their lives at significant risk as first responders and rely upon properly funded, provisioned and maintained MFS appliances, training and equipment resources for their safety and protection and that of the community.
- EMERGENCY SERVICES FUNDING HAS BEEN CUT OVER LAST 10 YEARS
- MFS DEFUNDED AT LEAST 4 TIMES IN LAST 10 YEARS
- WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH SPARE APPLIANCES
- KEELTY REVIEW (2019) SAYS ‘SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENT IS NEEDED TO MODERNISE OR REPLACE THE AGEING FLEET’
- SEVERE LACK OF APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT
- REGIONAL AREAS SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECTED BY OLD AND AGEING APPLIANCES
- REGIONAL TRUCKS AND CREWS HAVE INSUFFICIENT LIFE-SAVING EQUIPMENT
- ALL APPLIANCES NEED TO BE FITTED WITH BURNOVER PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- MFS ADMITS 26 NEW APPLIANCES NEEDED IN THE NEXT 2 YEARS
- MARSHALL GOVERNMENT SAYS IT WILL BUILD ONLY 9 OVER THE NEXT 4 YEARS
- ENGINEERING WORKSHOP UNDER STAFFED
- NO FUNDING FOR REDUCTION OF DIESEL EMISSIONS EXPOSURE
THE UFUSA CALLS FOR:
- LONG-TERM RECURRENT FUNDING AT THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL
- ASSET MANAGEMENT THROUGH A LONG-TERM RISK BASED ASSET MANAGEMENT PLAN FOCUSED ON THE SAFETY
HELP US TO HELP YOU:
UFUSA Safety And Resourcing Campaign Videos
UFUSA Safety and Resourcing Videos
UFU Safety and Resourcing Campaign gains support from SA Labor with a commitment to proper funding and resourcing.
The UFUSA has a long and proud history of advocating for the provision of properly funded and improved resources with the support of the MFS.
Our Resource Campaign is about seeking to redress this underfunding and impress upon the Marshall State Government the urgent need for proper funding of SAMFS appliances, equipment, training, resourcing and support. Our campaign actions encompass political, public, and industrial campaigning to achieve our objective of addressing these severe inadequacies. Delegations of firefighters are currently visiting local MPs in their electorate offices to explain why this Resourcing Campaign is so critical for the safety of the South Australian public and for firefighters and the MFS
In July 2019 the UFUSA surveyed members ahead of enterprise bargaining negotiations with resourcing identified by members as a key issue.
Since the start of negotiations in October 2019 the MFS and SA Government has persistently obstructed all the UFUSA’s attempts to put resourcing on the table for discussion.
So, after almost a year of very difficult negotiations, UFUSA members unanimously resolved on 28 October 2020 to commence industrial action in support of improved funding, appliances, resourcing, training and equipment.
3 Minutes To Live Keep Our Skies Safe Campaign
Oppose the underfunding and under resourcing of ARFFS across Australia by Airservices and the Federal Government.
Funding And Personnel Cuts
Engineering, Equipment And Training
What The SA Community Is Saying About Firefighter Safety & Resourcing
Help Us To Help You
Thank you for Supporting the United Firefighters Union of SA Safety and Resourcing Campaign.
By writing to your local State Member of Parliament and requesting their support, you will make a difference.
To assist you, feel free to download a form letter which may be used as a template. If you are not sure of your State Electorate or your State Member of Parliament, please see the instructions below which may also assist you.
Please click here to take you to the website where you can simply enter your address and it tells you what Electoral district you are in.
Once having found your electorate, you can click here to locate your Member of Parliament and their contact details.
Write To Your MP
Write To Your MP
The meeting of UFUSA Shop Stewards and State Councillors has been rescheduled to maximise attendance by your elected representatives and will now be held on Tuesday 17 October 2023.